As a sports fan I've suffered a lot. It's well known that I've always been fond of Pride FC and their fighters, everyone gets old, and that's what has happened to a lot of the guys in Pride. I was and still am a fan of Dale Earnhardt Sr. along with boxing NASCAR was my first love, obviously seeing one of my heroes pass wasn't easy. I'm a New York Rangers fan who as of the past few years have been playing fantastic, but I still haven't experienced them winning a Stanley Cup as I was four when they won their last one. I'm also a Knicks fan and that speaks of itself. That's not to say I've never felt the highest of highs, I've seem the New York Giants win two super bowls and not only two super bowls but two super bowls vs. The New England Patriots. As someone who lives in Connecticut, this made it that much more sweet.
That said, I've experienced the heartbreak these Phillies fans have experienced. Poor poor Philadelphia, hey chin up, at least you have This Is Hardcore coming up this summer.
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- Here are your free PS+ games for January 1, 2015
- Daniel Bryan's appearance on RAW last night, was something that can never be replicated
- You can rob store-owners with snowballs in GTA V
- Want to see the top five boxing matches of the year? Here they are
- Santa brought us two episodes of Botchamania for Christmas