The day has come. You can now control a digital version of Ronda Rousey and make her do whatever you want. She will do your bidding, and there's no force in nature that will prevent her from doing it.
EA Sports just announced that female fighters will be in EA UFC and each fighter will have signature moves like Rousey's signature armbar. Check out this small excerpt from the press release.
Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced that EA SPORTS™ UFC will feature playable female fighters for the first time ever in a UFC videogame. This groundbreaking moment is headlined by UFC Women's Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and top bantamweight contender Miesha Tate, the historic inaugural female coaches on the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter.
Starting next Spring, players will "Feel the Fight" in the Octagon™ and experience the crippling power of Rousey's signature armbar, the ferocious intensity of Tate's grappling, and many other fighting styles from an esteemed roster of female fighters in EA SPORTS UFC.
"This is a great moment for videogames and for Mixed Martial Arts," said Dean Richards, General Manager, EA SPORTS UFC. "In our commitment to delivering the most realistic fighting experience ever achieved, we wanted to represent the full spectrum of talent and diversity of all the fighters in the sport, including women who have become an undeniable force to be reckoned with."
"Since we added the Women's Bantamweight division earlier this year, the women have impressed everyone," said Dana White, UFC President. "The fights are always exciting, Ronda Rousey is as talented as any champion in the UFC and her rivalry with Miesha Tate is one of the most intense in UFC history. The female division has become a huge part of the UFC and fans will now be able to experience fighting with them in the game."
The press release also had a video of someone from EA Sports interviewing Ronda Rousey and calling her upcoming fight with Miesha Tate a 'contest,' I sort of tuned out after that.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Athletic and explosive. Here's Miesha Tate doing a bunch of back flips
- Somebody find our Game Boys. This Ronda Rousey Pokémon drawing is amazing
- Let’s all go to Target. Walmart refusing to sell Ronda Rousey’s book because she’s too violent
- Breaking: Miesha Tate out of bout with Jessica Eye. UFC needs new number one contender fight ASAP
- Here’s a pic of Ronda Rousey holding Cris Cyborg’s torn off bloody arm
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!
- Ben Askren brings up some pretty valid points regarding the 2014 World Cup