It seems as though UFC 165 can’t avoid controversy -- with the main event being fairly close, to FightMetric and their stats being all out of whack after the fight. We can now add something else to the list of weird things that happened during the event: Greg Jackson being removed from Jon Jones’ corner in between the 1st and 2nd rounds.
The commission allows for three people to be in your corner and for whatever reason, Greg Jackson was not one of the three cornermen allowed.
That’s a pretty major mishap, one has to wonder though, what would’ve happened if Jon Jones didn’t land that elbow at the end of round 4 and Gus takes the fight? That’s something we’ll never know, although Jackson not being in Jones’ corner didn’t seem to affect him and his ability to battle through adversity in this fight. Props to AFrontKicktotheFace for giving us the +100 tip on this.
- Rampage Jackson would happily break the knees of 'dirty fighter' Jon Jones so he can't fight again
- Bummer, Jon Jones plans on retiring at 30 (that's four more years, you guys)
- Unexpected photo of the day: Jon Jones hanging out with Badr Hari in Russia
- Cro Cop thinks it's disrespectful that UFC fighters came to his Legends press conference
- We have a Twitter triple-threat match: Jon Jones vs. Ben Askren vs. Daniel Cormier
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- This is the most amazing stop motion you'll see in your entire life
- Scary Future Alert: A male birth control pill is almost here
- A Lesson in Hockey MMA: Don't forget the bodyshots
- Who needs Madden when you have 'Frozen Endzone?'
- Amazon wants to use drones to deliver your packages, and there's even video of it...