If any of you were clamoring at a Jones vs. Gustafsson rematch after last weekend's UFC 165, then you're going to have to wait just a little bit longer. This morning it was announced that Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira will go down Superbowl weekend, instead of the highly anticipated rematch between Jones and Gustafsson. In a statement to ESPN.com, Dana White made it clear that Jon Jones wanted the fight with Teixeira over Gustafsson.
That's what the champ wants. We'll probably have that fight on the Super Bowl card in New Jersey.
Well, it's nice to know that Jon Jones has an incredibly amount of control in his UFC career -- Joe Silva seems to just be a sidekick at this point. Here's another statement Jon Jones made to UFC regarding his upcoming fight with Glover Teixeira.
I'm going to fight Glover and I will answer all the critics about the Gustafsson fight. I will fight Gustafsson after I fight Glover. I won the fight but I look at it as a blemish on my record because some people think I didn't. I promise you, he will be next.
So we still get a Gustafsson rematch, but just not an instant rematch. Of course the question is, if Glover beats Jones -- will Jones want an instant rematch with Glover or will he keep his word and fight Alexander Gustafsson in a non-title match?
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Frank Mir and Jon Jones got into a fight at an after-party in Russia, now watch the video
- Rampage Jackson would happily break the knees of 'dirty fighter' Jon Jones so he can't fight again
- Bummer, Jon Jones plans on retiring at 30 (that's four more years, you guys)
- Unexpected photo of the day: Jon Jones hanging out with Badr Hari in Russia
- Cro Cop thinks it's disrespectful that UFC fighters came to his Legends press conference
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- FOX Sports featured a writer that wants UFC banned in Australia, seriously...
- A trailer for the new Godzilla movie was released today, check it out...
- Bye, Shane del Rosario (1983 - 2013)
- In Africa, UFC made cauliflower ears that doubles as radios, yeah it's pretty weird...
- Watch the highlights from the 2013 Chessboxing World Championships held in Russia