Twitter is an interesting entity. It has single-handedly changed the way I watch and consume sports. In fact I would much rather stay at home and watch a sporting event while being on Twitter than going out to watch them with friends. I couldn’t imagine watching the World Series without seeing tweets from Productive Outs. Bloodstain Lane tweeting text based lava during a combat sporting event is a must -- he called Lyoto Machida by crane kick over Randy Couture.
Outside of the obvious benefits Twitter brings to the table during sporting events, there is the “Twitter beef” or “Twitter fight” if you will. When I see two high profile fighters in a Twitter fight, I realize how silly it is, it’s two grown men talking nonsense to each other over the internet. I just can’t help myself and I become glued to the situation.
In today’s Twitter beef, we have Ben Askren and Jon Jones. It all started when Jon Jones made a quip about Daniel Cormier and his build.
With that being said I love these people. their hospitality is first class nothing but hugs and smiles eating so much Ill look like DC soon— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) October 27, 2013
It then led to Ben Askren responding with a few remarks of his own. It looks like the build up for the inevitable DC vs. Jon Jones fight has already begun.
- Daniel Cormier’s dad advice vs. Alexander Gustafsson’s awkward Halo 5 talk is your UFC 192 preview
- Johny Hendricks has kidney stones, so Ben Askren calls him fat and Ben Henderson offers to save UFC 192
- Jon Jones looks like he ate Daniel Cormier and Fabricio Werdum in new weight room video
- Video: Jon Jones is back rolling around at Jackson’s MMA practice and he looks happy
- Dana White on the UFC signing Ben Askren: I don't hate the guy
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- Want to see the top five boxing matches of the year? Here they are
- Watch the trailer for Phuket Dreaming, the best MMA doc made this year
- This might be the best Cro Cop shirt of all time
- Huell from Breaking Bad is now training BJJ, FUTURE FIGHT WITH CM PUNK POSSIBLE!?
- Gorilla Productions gives us the 20 best boxing knockouts of 2014