Twitter is an interesting entity. It has single-handedly changed the way I watch and consume sports. In fact I would much rather stay at home and watch a sporting event while being on Twitter than going out to watch them with friends. I couldn’t imagine watching the World Series without seeing tweets from Productive Outs. Bloodstain Lane tweeting text based lava during a combat sporting event is a must -- he called Lyoto Machida by crane kick over Randy Couture.
Outside of the obvious benefits Twitter brings to the table during sporting events, there is the “Twitter beef” or “Twitter fight” if you will. When I see two high profile fighters in a Twitter fight, I realize how silly it is, it’s two grown men talking nonsense to each other over the internet. I just can’t help myself and I become glued to the situation.
In today’s Twitter beef, we have Ben Askren and Jon Jones. It all started when Jon Jones made a quip about Daniel Cormier and his build.
With that being said I love these people. their hospitality is first class nothing but hugs and smiles eating so much Ill look like DC soon— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) October 27, 2013
It then led to Ben Askren responding with a few remarks of his own. It looks like the build up for the inevitable DC vs. Jon Jones fight has already begun.
- This new Anthony Johnson vs. Daniel Cormier trailer tells their fight story with Hozier’s Take Me to Church
- So Ben Askren’s mom found a video. Let’s watch Askren wrestle Chris Weidman from 2001
- Beef Alert: Ahead of fight with Anthony Johnson, Daniel Cormier tells Ryan Bader to the shut the hell up
- New Video: Cops searching Jon Jones crashed car and they find pipe, cash, plus condoms
- All of Jon Jones problems can be blamed on weed according to insider Diego Sanchez
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- Here are your free PS+ games for January 1, 2015
- Daniel Bryan's appearance on RAW last night, was something that can never be replicated
- You can rob store-owners with snowballs in GTA V
- Want to see the top five boxing matches of the year? Here they are
- Santa brought us two episodes of Botchamania for Christmas