Twitter is an interesting entity. It has single-handedly changed the way I watch and consume sports. In fact I would much rather stay at home and watch a sporting event while being on Twitter than going out to watch them with friends. I couldn’t imagine watching the World Series without seeing tweets from Productive Outs. Bloodstain Lane tweeting text based lava during a combat sporting event is a must -- he called Lyoto Machida by crane kick over Randy Couture.
Outside of the obvious benefits Twitter brings to the table during sporting events, there is the “Twitter beef” or “Twitter fight” if you will. When I see two high profile fighters in a Twitter fight, I realize how silly it is, it’s two grown men talking nonsense to each other over the internet. I just can’t help myself and I become glued to the situation.
In today’s Twitter beef, we have Ben Askren and Jon Jones. It all started when Jon Jones made a quip about Daniel Cormier and his build.
With that being said I love these people. their hospitality is first class nothing but hugs and smiles eating so much Ill look like DC soon— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) October 27, 2013
It then led to Ben Askren responding with a few remarks of his own. It looks like the build up for the inevitable DC vs. Jon Jones fight has already begun.
- A Master Lesson in Trolling From Jonathan Dwight Jones
- Daniel Cormier makes our list of altruistic individuals in 2014 for flying a pizza delivery man to his fight against Jones
- An inspired Jon Jones heads back to the gym to prepare for Daniel Cormier, shows the inside of his truck
- Ben Askren brings up some pretty valid points regarding the 2014 World Cup
- Sorry Eddie Bravo, but Jon Jones in EA UFC has the BEST rubber guard
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- Nick Diaz talks about his comeback while some intense music plays in the background
- So The Last of Us had scenes acted out last night and it was fantastic
- Here's a knockout from Shooto that happened and you need to watch it because... well JMMA
- Let's relive Gennady Golovkin's TKO victory over Daniel Geale
- Melvin Manhoef got knocked out this weekend and we have the video. Bummer.