I’m lucky that I wouldn’t need more than one hand to count the times I was kneed in the face. The most memorable time was at a Terror concert, now if you aren’t familiar with Terror, they are a hardcore band hailing from Los Angeles, they have a flair for the old school and are one of the best live acts in hardcore you’ll ever see. Their vocalist Scott Vogel is a polarizing figure, on stage, he’ll constantly pull people up by their shirts to get them on stage so they can stage dive. As he was doing this the first time I saw them live, one of the kids who jumped up on stage, kneed me right in the forehead, my knees buckled, my vision narrowed, but I didn’t go out, I was cut open as well. Thankfully, it wasn’t bad enough to the point I needed stitches and I stayed throughout the set.
Brian Wood wasn’t as lucky as I, Chinzo Machida, yes Lyoto’s brother fought him today at RFA 11. What culminating was the equivalent of a Neo-Geo cartridge being shot out of a cannon aimed directly at your jaw. Brutal.
Thanks to the .gif wizard, Zombie Prophet as always.
- This could be the nastiest MMA knee KO we've seen in 2013
- Fighter gets KOd, then gets KOd again when his head falls on his knee in Russia at ProFC 50
- Ed Soares talks about his love for hip-hop and how Biggie is the greatest rapper of all time
- And the award for the best walk-off knee KO by a female goes to...
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- This Lego Simpsons couch intro is just as awesome as you would expect
- This dude's business card can play Tetris, your move Bill Gates...
- South Park: The Stick of Truth is out, here are the top 7 censored scenes
- Manhoef vs. Cyborg II is happening, and it takes place at 'Gringo Super Fight'
- Rampage Jackson: Still violent