It seems like just yesterday we were watching Fightville, marveling at the skills of this young up and coming fighter. He was the guy who went 1-1 in the WEC, but also derailed Josh Grispi's career on short notice. The guy who had one of the best fights ever against the Korean Zombie in 2012, and now a fighter who has the most featherweight wins in UFC history. That's nuts. What's even more impressive about Dustin being 8-2 in the UFC over the last three years is the fact that he fights so consistently fun no matter what. If the dude doesn't get it done at first, he bites down on his mouthpiece and gets it done however he can. He's the anti-Diego. He's as cerebral as you can get for being a human who gets punched in the head for a living. He's dangerous standing up and on the ground.
Damn, this Dustin Poirier is just destined for greatness. If not, he'll be a fan favorite for a long time.
Here's Dustin coming back in the second round and breaking Akira Corassani's nose after being rocked early on in the fight. Bravo.
Jason began his writing career with crayons put to construction paper, then he moved on to 8 x 10 cursive ruled paper in grade school, then eventually to the computer, where he now writes every single day for better or worse. Jason enjoys freedom, videogames, and the martial arts. Interested in booking Jason for birthdays or family gatherings? Send him an email.
Latest from Jason Nawara
- The fact that Josh Rector only has one hand didn't stop him from nabbing an armbar win over the weekend
- A Lesson in Street MMA: 5 people pick on a girl, 1 boyfriend in beast mode is unleashed
- Test footage from the Deadpool movie has surfaced, and it looks great, actually
- SFW is a new stickfighting organization, and it's suitable for work. Check out their first event here
- A decision? What? The judges deem Robbie Lawler the rightful winner against Matt Brown at UFC on FOX