Raise your hands if you remember when Bjorn Rebney went after me, stating that I live in my mother's basement and that MiddleEasy has no connection with reality. Well, the latter portion is right, but it's only attributed to our entire staff taking a massive amount of psychedelics throughout our lifetime. We know the truth about reality, and that even reality itself has no connection with reality. Now, marinate on that.
After reading this excerpt from a MMAJunkie interview with the head of Bellator, it's clear that Bjorn Rebney isn't exactly the biggest fan of Ronda Rousey.
I would never want to verbalize disrespect for a fighter … but to characterize her as the biggest star in MMA is, I believe, a little disrespectful to a lot of fighters who have put in year after year after year in this game,” Rebney recently told MMAjunkie. “If Ronda fights ‘Cyborg’ and she could beat ‘Cyborg,’ I think that would be a big statement as to where she is in the game. But to characterize her as the biggest star is a bit disingenuous. I think there are a lot of huge stars in MMA.
In my own personal opinion, it seems like a very forced marketing position that someone’s taking because she’s attractive and she appears on a lot of magazine covers, and I think we saw that once before at Strikeforce, and (Gina Carano) fought ‘Cyborg’ and lost handedly,” Rebney said. “No disrespect to Brock (Lesnar), but he was forced into a situation very quickly coming off very few fights to be positioned as a world champ because he could be sold on pay-per-view. Not because he beat the best fighters in the world, but because he could be sold. I think we’re seeing the exact same thing in Ronda, and anyone who would tell you differently is not speaking the truth.
The only question that remains is if Bjorn Rebney and Dana White get in a cage, who would actually win? This is a serious inquiry -- if Rebney can keep the distance he can pick him apart on his feet. White on the other hand will try to take him down, at least that what everyone would expect him to do.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Watch: So during Ronda Rousey's walkout Bethe Correia's brother threw the Brazilian flag at the champ
- Videos: Ronda Rousey wastes Bethe Correia Grand Theft Auto style and finishes her Mortal Kombat style
- Watch UFC 190 Rousey vs. Correia weigh-ins and get results with all your favorite YouTube commentators
- On Rousey title shot, with a straight face Bethe Correia says "I threw the bait and she took it"
- Video: Ronda Rousey jumps in the ocean, face punches huge shark, and saves surfer Mick Fanning
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!
- Ben Askren brings up some pretty valid points regarding the 2014 World Cup