The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 35 -- probably because 35-year olds have finally realized that life will never get better than what it currently is. You will not be in a rock band or some famous movie actor living in Hollywood. By the age of 35 your dream of being a millionaire has completely dissolved as you become content living inside your cozy office workplace.
According to this 2013 Entertainment Software Association 'Essential Facts About The Computer and Video Game Industry,' the best selling game genre in 2012 was 'action' which is probably directly attributed to all those lunatics that believe Gears of War and Call of Duty are actually quality franchises. Shame on you and your inability to pick up Mass Effect or Battlefield.
If you feel like thumbing through the entire ESA report, feel free to check out the .pdf, or you can just scroll below and look at the most interesting tidbits of the study. Props to Gin Rummy on the news tip and enjoy your 100 points.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!
- Ben Askren brings up some pretty valid points regarding the 2014 World Cup