In today's console gaming market, things have become so precise and calculated with the rise of cost in making a AAA triple, we get things that are safe and appeal to the lowest common denominator. Looking back at titles from the 16-bit era, we got a game called Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure and you know what, it wasn’t even that absurd. At the time that was just the culture of video games, there are some super ridiculous stuff that was allowed to be made and it worked out more times than not.
One such as case was Toejam and Earl, let me lay out the premise for this game. You can play as Toejam or Earl, who are alien rappers who have crashed landed on Earth. They then need to get all the pieces to their spaceship and go back to planet Funkotron. It’s about as amazing as it sounds. It was easily one of the best and most creative games on the Sega Genesis. There was a Toejam and Earl game in development for the Dreamcast, sadly it never saw the light of day. That is, until today, a gentleman who bought a devkit on eBay and it actually had the unreleased Toejam and Earl game for Sreamcast and now he’s releasing it! DREAMCAST NEVER DIE! You can follow this link to download the beta.
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- Here are your free PS+ games for January 1, 2015
- Daniel Bryan's appearance on RAW last night, was something that can never be replicated
- You can rob store-owners with snowballs in GTA V
- Want to see the top five boxing matches of the year? Here they are
- Santa brought us two episodes of Botchamania for Christmas