In today's console gaming market, things have become so precise and calculated with the rise of cost in making a AAA triple, we get things that are safe and appeal to the lowest common denominator. Looking back at titles from the 16-bit era, we got a game called Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure and you know what, it wasn’t even that absurd. At the time that was just the culture of video games, there are some super ridiculous stuff that was allowed to be made and it worked out more times than not.
One such as case was Toejam and Earl, let me lay out the premise for this game. You can play as Toejam or Earl, who are alien rappers who have crashed landed on Earth. They then need to get all the pieces to their spaceship and go back to planet Funkotron. It’s about as amazing as it sounds. It was easily one of the best and most creative games on the Sega Genesis. There was a Toejam and Earl game in development for the Dreamcast, sadly it never saw the light of day. That is, until today, a gentleman who bought a devkit on eBay and it actually had the unreleased Toejam and Earl game for Sreamcast and now he’s releasing it! DREAMCAST NEVER DIE! You can follow this link to download the beta.
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- If you weren't excited for Sakuraba vs Suzuki, this VTR will get you excited
- Huell from Breaking Bad is now training BJJ, FUTURE FIGHT WITH CM PUNK POSSIBLE!?
- Gorilla Productions gives us the 20 best boxing knockouts of 2014
- Riptor from Killer Instinct is now a robodino and he looks so awesome
- UFC, WSoF and the Capcom Cup, all in one day. Watch Daigo and Justin Wong in the opening round